Process control and plant automation are vital features of any modern state of the art process plant. Depending on the equipment and customer requirements, WHP utilises simple PLC control for standalone systems to advanced plant wide integrated manufacturing control and automation systems.
Our skilled in-house control engineers and software specialists design control and automation systems to specifically operate with the plant operational parameters.
WHP Control Engineering Approach
Preparation of automation software
Software is a core activity and WHP is capable of writing software for a wide range of PLC types, DCS systems, SCADA systems, tracking systems, plant historians, high level languages and database configuration.
System design electrical
WHP has a separate electrical design department where all electrical designs are produced using intelligent CAD packages.
System build (electrical and mechanical)
WHP’s team of technicians build the systems designed. The complete build is carried out on WHP premises wherever possible.
Typical control & automation applications
- Distributed Control System (DCS) systems
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) workstations
- Server redundancy
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) Operator Interfaces
- Batching systems
- Process sequencing
- Clean in Place (CIP) control
- Sterilization In Place (SIP) control
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control
- Recipe management
- Tracking systems
- Dispensing control
- Inventory control
- Statistical process control
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) interfaces
- Data acquisition
- Weighing and batching